Monday, September 21, 2015

welcome addalynn

let me first back track and update the last 2 months. lexi started vimpat after having an increase in seizures again and since putting her on that med her seizures have calmed down again which is good. we never did the eeg because i was having complications with my pregnancy so i canceled it and will hopefully reschedule it or get a eeg scheduled for around here closer to home. lexi started school in august and loves being in 1st grade. they are working with sign language and trying to figure out the best way to help her learn. at the end of august she went and seen neurogenetics and he decided to do an extensive epilepsy panel that will take 4 months to come back. lets hope something shows so we can finally figure out whats going on with her. other than that everything has been status quo with lexi. now with my end of my pregnancy i hit a really rough patch. during a routine visit in august my blood pressure was really high, so they started to really watch it. the next one was high again so they decided to do extensive blood work and had me do a 24 hr urine collection to see if i was going into preeclampsia. during that time i was getting nst 2 times a week which showed she was happy but i was having contractions which at first i wasnt feeling. then the 5th when i went to the hospital to have my nst my dr decided it was time to put me on blood pressure meds because it was only getting higher and not any lower. at that time he said he didnt think i would make it much longer due to the contractions i was having. that monday i went back in again for a nst and again was having contractions and he once again said he highly doubted i would make it much longer and wouldnt be suprised if i came back that night. instead of relaxing that day i went to the flea market with my mom and continued to have contractions but around bed time they died down and i was able to sleep. tuesday the 8th i went to work and started to have bad contractions around 4 but i figured they were braxton hicks and worked the rest of my shift. that night my mom was like call me if u need me i really believe ur in labor. so i went home and during the whole night i contracted hard and finally around 9am i texted my sister inlaw and asked her how i would know if i was in true labor. she decided to come take me to the hospital. we got to the hospital where they hooked me up and the monitor showed i was having very strong contractions. the nurse paged my dr who after talking with my other dr who delivered lexi decided it was best for me to have my c section that night. so they got me prepped and at 8:23pm on september 9th addalynn was born. she weighed 5lbs 9.6oz and was 18 1/2 inches long.  when the dr went to cut me my uterus started to shred but they dont know why it did that. addie did have a hard time learning to breath and her blood sugars took a few days to finally even out. but now 12 days later we are getting into a routine and she is a huge blessing to my family. she is gaining weigh but very slowly so hopefully she starts to gain more soon

No comments:

Post a Comment