Tuesday, March 12, 2013

some results from the geneticist

Well yesterday i got the results from the comparative genomic hybridrization and its normal. Now what does that mean it means that her chromosomes are normal. Now while that is good news I still am hoping they find something on the other tests they have done. Don't get me wrong I don't want something wrong with Lexi but since there's already so much going on with her i would like to have a name or syndrome so that way when people ask whats going on i can be like she has this and not name off everything. I mean having a name probably wont help but still it would be nice to not be undiagnosed. She is doing better with the snotty nose and the cough. I'm thinking the doctor was correct and it is allergies. Now that just means the doctor will probably want to do allergy testing to see what she is allergic too. Another new development is that she's not wanting to eat much now. I don't know if its a sensory thing or if she just doesn't want to but i'v been having to put pediasure in her tube at night so she can get extra calories. People say kids wont starve themselves but when she has been 35lbs for quit some time its time to get her some extra calories.

1 comment:

  1. Ah, I know several other people (both in blogging and IRL) who don't have diagnoses, and I can't imagine how frustrating it must be to not have something you can put your finger on, something concrete that helps to make sense out of what's going on. I'm sorry you didn't get the results you needed. Good luck with feeding. I hope she responds to something!!

    ReplyDelete